Join Rider on the Sardinia and Corsica circuit of Adriatic Moto Tours, from October 15 to 23
Join longtime Rider contributor Scott “Bones” Williams on the Adriatic Moto Tours Sardinia and Corsica – a paradise for riders tour, scheduled for October 15-23, 2022. Read on for tour details, or click here to visit the tour page.
The rugged, mountainous islands of Sardinia and Corsica, located in the Mediterranean Sea west of Italy, have some of the best roads, scenery and most unique culture in all of Europe.
Hilly and winding, with a very jagged coastline and steep rock formations, Sardinia is the second largest island in the Mediterranean (after Sicily) and is an autonomous region of Italy. It offers thrilling views while navigating perfect turns on endless seaside cliff roads. Its rugged landscape is dotted with thousands of nuraghi – mysterious Bronze Age stone ruins in the shape of beehives. Not to mention a scattering of Roman ruins, Pisan churches and Spanish Baroque architecture.
A ferry crossing reaches French Corsica, offering more twists as the roads wind through pine-forested hills and small villages.
This nine-day tour includes six driving days (covering a total of 850 miles) and one rest day (in Alghero, Sardinia) reserved by travel days. Here is a day-to-day itinerary:
Day 1 : Welcome to Sardinia!
Day 2: Olbia-Ajaccio
Day 3: Ajaccio – Corte
Day 4: Corte – Bonifacio
Day 5: Bonifacio-Alghero
Day 6: Rest day in Alghero
Day 7: Alghero – Cala Gonone
Day 8: Cala Gonone – Olbia
Day 9: Return flight from Olbia
Pricing starts at 3,580 euros (about $3,640) for a rider on a rental motorbike sharing a double room – or 2,990 euros (about $3,040) if you’re driving your own motorbike. Single room occupancy, upgraded motorcycles, one passenger and other upgrades are extra. See the tour page for full details and prices.
The price includes :
- Late-model motorcycle with hard luggage and lockable tank bags, as well as liability insurance and full vehicle insurance
- Experienced motorbike guide
- Support van for luggage, souvenirs and one or two passengers
- Eight nights accommodation in quality hotels (mainly 4 stars)
- Eight hotel breakfasts
- Seven dinners, mostly at traditional local restaurants
- All (two) ferry rides and tolls
- Airport transfers up to five days before the start of the tour, the last day of the tour and one day after the tour
- Entrance fees to museums (according to the tour program)
- All maps with marked routes for the region visited
- Complete visit booklet
- GPS with all daily routes uploaded
Not included in the price:
- Airfare, dinners on rest days, most lunches, drinks, gas, personal expenses, gratuities.
If you are ready for a unique motorcycle adventure, register now! Click here for more information and to book the tour.